Academy football teams
The academy's team, FootballCV Reds, became a FA Charter Standard Club in 2008. Regular competitive matches are played in the National League U19 Youth Alliance, British Colleges U19 League and Midland Football U21 League, as well as County FA tournaments.
Friendly fixtures are also arranged against Premier League and Football League opposition, whilst specific showcase matches are staged in front of scouts, giving each student a chance to test and benchmark their development against professional clubs in England.
Each year subject to EU funding, students in their second year can attend a two-week work placement, with a professional club in Europe. Placements in the past have taken place in Belgium and Sweden, enabling students to receive further training specific to European football, whilst enhancing opportunities of progression within the game.
Away from the pitch itself, a number of activities are arranged for the benefit of each students’ football development and to make the course enjoyable, these include:
- Sessions with former professional footballers and managers.
- Sessions about contracts with FIFA-approved Player’s Agent.
- Expert coaching sessions from UEFA-qualified coaches.
- Specialist goalkeeping sessions from UEFA-qualified coaches.
- Filming of matches and post-match analysis.
- Specific strength and conditioning sessions with qualified instructors.
- Fitness monitoring and testing.
- Membership to Rhino’s Elite strength and conditioning gym.
- Physiotherapy sessions and first aid training.
- Nutrition, health and lifestyle advice.
- Team building activities.
- Media training.
- Opportunity to take FA Coaching badges and referee’s course.
- Support with exit pathways and provision of references.
- Private medical insurance (optional).
£22,995 (BTEC Level 3) £28,995 (English Language) £29,995 (Degree Course)
£27,995 (BTEC Level 3) £28,995 (English Language) £29,995 (Degree Course)
£8,995 (BTEC Level 3) £14,995 (English Language) £15,995 (Degree Course)