Academy football team
The Academy football team, FCV Stamford, are an FA Charter Standard Club, competing in the National League U19 Youth Alliance, British Colleges U19 League and Midland Football U21 League, as well as local county FA tournaments.
Friendly fixtures are regularly arranged against Premier League and Football League opposition, whilst specific showcase matches are staged in front of Premier League and English Football League scouts, giving each student a chance to test and benchmark their development against professional clubs in England.
Each year, subject to EU funding, students in their second year can attend a two-week placement with a professional club in Europe. Placements in the past have taken place in Belgium and Sweden, enabling students to receive further training specific to European football, whilst enhancing opportunities of progression within the game.
Away from the pitch itself, a number of activities are arranged to further enhance the students football development. Examples of some of these can include:
- Guest speaker sessions with former professional footballers and managers.
- Sessions about contracts with FIFA-approved Player Agents.
- Expert coaching sessions from UEFA-qualified coaches.
- Specialist goalkeeping sessions from UEFA-qualified coaches.
- Filming of matches and post-match analysis.
- Specific strength and conditioning sessions with qualified instructors including yoga.
- Fitness monitoring and testing.
- Membership to Rhino’s Elite strength and conditioning gym.
- Physiotherapy sessions and first aid training.
- Nutrition, health and lifestyle advice.
- Team building activities.
- Media Training.
- Opportunity to take FA Coaching badges and referee’s course.
- Support with exit pathways and provision of references.
UK/EU based students
£24,995 (BTEC Level 3) £31,995 (English Language) £31,995 (Degree Course) - Per Year
£29,995 (BTEC Level 3) £31,995 (English Language) £31,995 (Degree Course) - Per Year
£12,995 (BTEC Level 3) £19,995 (English Language) £19,995 (Degree Course) - Per Year